Come see us at the newly renovated Porter County Expo! Three Little Birds Market is hosting another Spring market on May 11th, 9 to 4Continue reading
You might be surprised there are a few simple steps to keep your candle safe and long-lasting!
Trim the Wick
– Trim the wick to 1/4″ length before each use (when you first receive your candle there is no need to trim the wick – it’s ready to go!) If it smokes that means it’s too long.
Proper Burn Time is Key
– Proper burn time is essential to maximize performance. Candles should burn until the surface is melted to the edges of the container. If you extinguish your candle before that, ‘wells’ will appear resulting in a shortened candle life.
Extinguishing the Candle
– The best way to extinguish a candle is by dipping the wick into the melted wax and repositioning it back up. You can use a pencil, skewer, etc. Another option is to use a snuffer to cut off oxygen to the flame.
– Blowing out flames can lead to wax splattering and sooting.
Avoid Drafty Areas
– Avoid having your candle in a drafty area. By preventing drafts you are reducing chances for the flame to flicker, which is often the cause of a dripping or smoking.
As always, never leave a burning candle unattended!
– Store candles in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to preserve the color and fragrance of your candle.
We hope you enjoy and notice the difference in using our handmade soaps! Because they are so luxurious to our skin, let’s keep them lasting as long as we can! In order to do that, it’s best to keep the bar of soap on a ventilated dish, away from direct water. We offer some darn-cute handmade wood soap pallets in our Accessories page. We recommend having two of these pallets. Every other week swap one dish out, let it dry out completely while you use the replacement pallet.